This modern sleek longbow is designed with a lighter draw weight for those wanting the perfect mixture of the look and feel of traditional archery, with the accessibility of the modern bow. It boats a wooden composite construction and the satisfying length of a longbow, whilst also benefiting from a modern shelf and unique black lamination. This bow is ideal for archers wanting a slick display piece, that they can also take down to the range on the weekend.
The shelf/arrow-rest for this bow lies on the left of the bow riser, therefore this bow is suitable for a right handed shooting style.
Right handed deflex flat longbow, with arrow rest shelf
Total bow length: 71 inches
Total bow weight: 1.15lbs (522g)
Are you a beginner to archery/traditional shooting and not sure what else is needed to get started? Please find some initial guidance below. Or for more send us an email on email@example.com.
1. Arrows - A bow would be useless without arrows to shoot with. For this bow we recommend either Carbon or Wooden arrows with feathers. Start with some basic arrows and practice very close to the target, focusing on improving your shooting technique. Once you're ready to take archery to the next level then it's time to consider calculating a) your draw length, b) picking the right arrow length, and c) selecting the right arrow spine, all of which we can advise on.
2. Arm protection - An armguard is a must. This sits on your opposite arm and protects your arm from bruising which can occur when the string slaps your arm after the arrow is released (trust us on this one!).
3. A quiver - Not a necessity, but useful. For storing your arrows and keeping them close when shooting. The most common type of quiver hangs off your belt/waist, but quivers that hang over your shoulder are also available.
4. Finger protection - Repeated pulling back of the string of a bow will strain and damage your finger. Archers will therefore use either a protective glove or a finger tab to protect their string pulling finger from injuries.
5. Hand protection - Traditional bows such as this one rely on the arrow resting on the side of the bow, and once in-flight the feather of the arrow can graze the fleshy part of your hand between your thumb and index finger. It is highly recommended to place a piece of leather here, or to use a dedicated hand guard/glove to avoid feather cuts.
Spend $99 to receive free shipping on your order!